The salsa in this recipe is really the star of the show. The flavours of summer shine here with sweet corn, earthy tomatoes, the tang of red onions and a bit of heat from the peppers. Any full flavoured sausage will do for this taco, simply grill/fry it up, slice it and cram them into your favourite taco shell with some sour cream, shredded lettuce and this spicy sweet salsa. Try the Cumin, Cilantro Jalapeno Pork Sausage, or the fiery Jalapeno Habanero Bison Sausage, both make for some spicy dinner fare!
- 4 pack Urban Digs Farm Sausages, cooked and sliced
- Tortillas, corn or flour
- Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- Sour Cream
- Cheese, optional
Charred Corn & Tomato Salsa
- 2 large ears corn
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeds slightly removed and diced
- 1 serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- juice of one lime
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Start by making the salsa, so the flavours have time to mingle while you prepare everything else. Fire up the grill to medium high heat. While the grill heats, remove the husk and the silk from the corn. Place the clean ear of corn on the grill, and cook until there is an even char over most kernals, turning the cob every 2 minutes or so. Remove the cobs and cool.
- Once cooled, remove the corn off of the cob and add to bowl with remaining salsa ingredients; stir.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, pepper or lime juice for added flavor.
- Cook the sausages as desired, need some help? Here's our guide to fool-proof sausages, everytime!
- Build tacos with sliced sausage, lettuce, sour cream and fresh salsa. Serve immediately.
- Any leftover salsa will keep covered in the fridge for several days, but is best when used fresh.