Here's a great way to use up that extra bacon fat leftover in the pan and make sure that you know where the eggs in your mayo are coming from. We highly recommend using a food processor or a hand blender as it can be tricky to get the right consistency hand whisking.
- 2 pasture-raised egg yolks
- 1 tsp mustard (optional)
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup melted bacon fat
- Mix yolks, mustard and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Start whisking vigorously if you are super hard core or use your blender or food processor on low while dripping the fat very slowly into the mixture.
- Once the mixture begins to thicken, you can begin to pour more quickly.
- When all the fat is added and the mayonnaise is nice and thick, add the rest of the lemon juice to taste. You can season with salt & pepper or favourite herbs.
- Keep refrigerated.
To keep learning, join our mailing list for a weekly email including recipes, news from the farm, upcoming events, and more:
Share this post