It takes a bit of time but making a pork shoulder roast is easy and well worth the wait! Our pasture-raised heritage pork is naturally more juicy & flavourful than conventional pork, and perfect for roasting. Feel free to substitute other herbs and get creative.
- 4-6lb skin-on pork shoulder
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh sage
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F
- Score the skin of the pork with a criss-cross diamond pattern every 1.5 inches
- Rub all over with the oil, garlic & herbs, salt & pepper
- Tie pork every 2 inches with butcher twine
- Place on baking sheet on rack in the middle of the oven
- Roast for 1 hour, then reduce to 350° F and continue to roast until the skin gets very crispy and pulls away from the meat easily... about 2 - 2.5hrs more.
- Transfer to a cutting board, tent loosely with foil and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
To keep learning, join our mailing list for a weekly email including information like this, news from the farm, upcoming events, recipes and more:
Share this post