Bison Bash at Turtle Valley Ranch
Posted by Julia Smith on
Join us June 4th to kick off the summer and learn more about bison and their role in a sustainable agro-ecosystem at Turtle Valley Bison Ranch in Chase, BC.
Free camping is available at the ranch or check out the list of accommodations below. The event is free... you just pay for your meals & drinks (cash bar).
12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch ($21.80)
Pulled bison on a bun, coleslaw & homestyle bbq beans brought to you by Smoke Barrel. The bison will be prepared in one of their handcrafted smokers. One Smoke Barrel Smoker will be auctioned off at the end of the Saturday Night dinner.
1:00 - 4:30 - Ranch tour & workshop sessions including:
- Bison Ranching 101 - Rudi Schiebel, Turtle Valley Ranch
- Slow Meat - Julia Smith, Urban Digs Farm
- Nutritional & Dietary Benefits of Bison Meat - Cam MacDougal, Barons of Beef
- Cooking with Bison - Chef Chris Whittaker, Forage, Timber
4:30 - 6:30 - Beer Garden & Free Time
6:30 - Taste of Turtle Valley
Bison tasting paired with local beers & wines
7:00 - Bison Feast ($27.11)
Renowned Chef Chris Whittaker will be showcasing his skills by roasting an entire bison hip on open fire. A variety of dishes made with only the best whole natural ingredients from Urban Digs will complete our showcase meal.
8:30 - Live entertainment & dancing
Quaaout Lodge: Limited availability. Reservations can be made by phone at 1-800-633-4303 or 1-250-679-3090
Chase Country Inn Motel, Chase: rooms held until May 10. Reservations can be made by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-877-679-3333. (make sure to ask for blocked rooms)
Shuswap Lake Motel Resort & Campground, Sorrento: Inquiries can be made at shuswaplakemotel.com or by phone 1-250-675-2420. Toll free 1-888-587-0514
Jade Mountain Motel: Reservations and Information at www.jade-mountain-motel.com or call 250-679-3200.
Camping: Numerous options in area however free non-serviced camping available at Turtle Valley Ranch ranch.
Some Bed & Breakfasts in area:
- The Black Salmon Carriage House, Sorrento: agoda.com
- Suite Escapes, Scotch Creek: suiteescapesbedandbreakfast.com
- The Sunny Shuswap B&B, Chase: sunnyshuswapbb.com or e-mail email@example.com .
- Maples Resort, Sorrento: inquiries can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org (Susan) or by phone 1-250-675-2433
Please register for the free "Consumer Info Session" and whichever meals you would like. There is producer programming happening concurrently with our consumer event. Feel free to join us for meals on Friday night and Saturday/Sunday mornings if you want to. There just isn't any consumer related programming until after lunch on Saturday.